SPRT - Science in Pursuit of Religious Truth

A weblog for rational persons of religious faith. Our motto is, "The only thing keeping you from seeing 'SPiRiT' here is two i's." The overall tone of this weblog will (typically) be conservative and/or libertarian. We will address legal, social, political and economic issues, and anything else we feel like discussing.

"It's when they don't attack you that you should worry, because it means you are too insignificant to worry about."
- Malcolm Muggeridge

Name:
Location: midwestern U.S., United States

I am married. I have two sons and a daughter who was born on by birthday! I was blessed to be born into a family of women (my mother, her mother, her sisters) who are fashionable and ladylike and strong-willed and individualistic, and they were and are great role models. I don't think women have great role models anymore, and I also think style is more than clothing, so I created this blog to offer my take on the topic.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

John Paul II, Rest in Peace

He has been the only pope I can really remember - the Pope since I was a senior in high school. He was respected and loved. He combined orthodoxy with compassion, political savvy with apostolic leadership. He feared no issue, no debate, no political ideology, no government - not even those who wished him dead. He was a lion among men, and a saint even among popes.

He will be sorely missed. May God bless and guide the cardinals who must now choose his successor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home