SPRT - Science in Pursuit of Religious Truth

A weblog for rational persons of religious faith. Our motto is, "The only thing keeping you from seeing 'SPiRiT' here is two i's." The overall tone of this weblog will (typically) be conservative and/or libertarian. We will address legal, social, political and economic issues, and anything else we feel like discussing.

"It's when they don't attack you that you should worry, because it means you are too insignificant to worry about."
- Malcolm Muggeridge

Name:
Location: midwestern U.S., United States

I am married. I have two sons and a daughter who was born on by birthday! I was blessed to be born into a family of women (my mother, her mother, her sisters) who are fashionable and ladylike and strong-willed and individualistic, and they were and are great role models. I don't think women have great role models anymore, and I also think style is more than clothing, so I created this blog to offer my take on the topic.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Well, gee - young girls acting like whores - and you're surprised?

I'm currently working on a long post that discusses (further) the implications of adults acting like adolescents - and the fact that this forces children to act like adults. Or, more accurately, to confront what should be adult issues which they are not emotionally, physically or psychologically prepared for.

While I am working on that, here's a link you might want to check out in the same vein:

http://www.pittnews.com/1vnews/display.v/ART/2004/10/28/418044f26b3ae

The article describes the rise of the preteen female "playa" (think "player" said with a thug accent) and "pimp." As you'll read, very young girls have taken the message of the extreme left feminist movement and Planned Parenthood to heart, to wit: sex has no meaning outside of power, boys use you for sex to have power, you are equal to boys, you too can use them for sex to have power. (Unspoken, but obviously behind all of this is that abortion is a fallback for unprotected sex and unwanted pregnancy.)

So 13-, 14- and 15-year-old girls are now having sex with guys for pocket change and car rides. They pride themselves on their callous attitude about sex. And about their number of conquests. Even on the same day. And sexual assaults of boys by girls in schools has become an acknowledged problem. I did not say sexual harassment; I said sexual assault.

And - *gasp!* - Planned Parenthood is suddenly aghast. Why? Because, they say, of the rise and spread of sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers and pre-teens, many of which cause infertility later in life. (What's the matter, PP - you afraid all that infertility is going to cut down on your business?)

Recall that I had a long post about the connection between promiscuity and infertility some time ago here.

Read the whole article. It's disturbing. Of course.

I'll have my own post up by this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home